Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cars

Okay, so I haven't shared anything for a while, but with the foot, there just wasn't that much going on.  For the next couple of weekends after the incident, I pretty much stayed at home and kept off of it as much as possible.  Turns out that there was nothing torn or broken or anything, really - just strained the tendons or whatever those things are in the foot, and it's just been a matter of time for it to heal.  I'm getting around on it pretty well now, and haven't even needed my unterarmkrücken - crutches, but not your normal crutches: they only extend to the forearms - since last Friday.  Saturday, I ventured up to Bamberg (more on that later), but that was probably pushing it  a bit, as was practicing with the team on Monday night.  I'm still mobile and it's getting better every day, but I need to pace myself a bit.  Hey, go figure - me with a pacing problem.  At least this time, it has nothing to do with alcohol consumption.

But the big thing today is this:
                                 
BOO-YAH!  That's right, I finally got a car today.  Pretty, isn't it?  That's a 2007 ßMW 325i right there, and for the next seven months, that baby's mine!  One of the guys at the office who was supposed to be here for two years had to go back to the States early, and he had leased the above car.  So since he had to go back, I was kind enough to take over the lease so he didn't have to pay for a car that was just sitting on another continent (big of me, wasn't it).  So I've got until January to enjoy it.  Heh-heh.  There will be further musings on the Autobahn (surprisingly, not all it's cracked up to be) but for now, let's just say that on the way home from Nürnberg I easily hit 180 kph (about 115 to you and me).

Have I mentioned that I like this place?

Tschüß

No comments: